Skip to main content

Bachelor Auction--Part XI

Rick rested his fingers on my arm and leaned in, his lips barely touching my ear as he whispered, “Bid for me and I’ll sail you far away from all this.”


He winked and shivers of expectation stole up my spine. I could just envision sailing in the Gulf with Rick, minus the dreadlocks, making a stop at South Padre Island, wading in the pristine water while colorful fish darted around our legs, where cottony sand beaches awaited us and then…then…I saw him—

Be still my heart, ‘twas none other than Robert McCrory decked out in a blue and green belted plaid kilt, renaissance-looking soft leather boots, and no shirt, wicked man. Only a sash draped across his bronzed, muscular torso, hiding a wee bit o’ his well-sculpted chest. And a gold bracer caressed his bicep, like I wanted to do. Just to see if he was really as strong as he appeared to be. His green eyes captured mine, held me hostage, and challenged me to join him.

“Uhm, Rick, I’ll be right back.” Maybe.


The gold bracer alone that Robert wore would probably break my bank account, but to buy the whole man? I sighed. Now, if he offered to take me to the Highlands—to a castle, better yet—I’d promise him anything.


Wanton woman that I was. Okay, I was so not into bachelor auctions, but the bachelors they were auctioning this year were a feast for the eyes, and could do serious damage to my pocketbook.


My gaze strayed to the fur-covered sporran at his waist, and then to the sword hanging at his side. I closed my gaping mouth and my eyes shifted again to his face. His lips curved up and his eyes sparkled like the devil. Yeah, every bit of him hooked me.


I couldn’t help it. My Scottish ancestry was calling to me—take him, the Highlander laird of Granbury. Take him!

Comments

  1. A regular cornucopia of men!! Love it, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marie! Yeah, well, life is all about choices. But the problem is--making the right one!!!! :) I'm glad I don't have to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've got the kilt! Now, where's the toga?
    To be honest, I don't want to be the one to make the choice either. Maybe we should let Danielle do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Cheryl! I thought about toga guy, but then I figured Highlanders are so *sigh* fab and you have to watch out for Greeks bearing gifts... LOL

    When you said that we should make Danielle decide, it made me think of "Make Mikey try it," when the other kids in an ad wanted to see if the food was okay to eat or not! LOL

    Can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something about a Scotsman, it must be the knees. LOL

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Michele, most assuredly. Can't wait to see what you post next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Terry, those legs are just lucious and to imagine where that sporan has been hmmm...........yumm!
    Guess I'm gonna have to get hubby to put his kilt on when he gets home tonight. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, Terra, hey, you know why they wear sporrans, right? Supposedly to carry their belongings, but ha! If it's a hot blooded Scotsman, he's hiding other, uhm, stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is terrific! And what a great line for Rick too. Amazing how a man with a kilt can lure away a woman. :} But oh so understandable.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, well, Linda, you gave a fun set up!!!

    It was hard ditching Rick, even for a moment, really, but then there was Braveheart and Highlander all rolled up in one, with his sword raised and saying, "There can only be one."

    And with her pocketbook, that's about right, plus poor toga man flitted right out of my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG you most definitley cannot make me choose! I do love the variety of bachelors to choose from, though... If it came down to me choosing, I'd have to pull a name out of a hat.

    This might sound like a funny question--but are we ever going to get to the auction? Hahaha--although everything leading up to it has been rather fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Auction? There was an auction?

    Oh right, the title IS Bachelor Auction. I was having sooo much fun drooling over all the hunks that I forgot all about the auction. I hope our heroine has a very high limit on her credit card! I know I'd need it, since I doubt I could pick just one (like the old potato chip commercial)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. TERRY!!! A kilt, I LOVE it. Thank you so much!! My blood is pumping and hubby's gonna get stuck dragging out the kilt this weekend!!!!! Whoooeeeeyyyy, I love a man in a kilt! Yeah Baby!!! BTW, I just want you to know I signed up to review on Enchanting Reviews. And it's all your fault. I had SO much fun with all of you, I couldn't resist. And you invited me there. So thank you!! :P
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, Twilight Zone! I think only yesterday I was wondering when we'd get the kilted Highlander into the mix. You know he had to be there. Another excellent contestant!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Danielle, pull one out of a hat? I guess that could work!

    Cindy, maybe she could have two of them? LOL Or how about one for every day of the week?

    Becky, hope you have a ball at Enchanted Reviews! I wonder if your husband will understand why he has to wear his kilt. LOL :) You see there was this Bachelor Auction going on and...

    Hey Christina, yeah had to have a kilted hunk! :) I just wished I could have found a picture of a bare chested Highlander...couldn't find one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, I can see how THAT conversation would go...ROFL! He's really even tempered but...is any guy that good natured? :)
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment