Skip to main content

Hot Men in Uniform and Why We Love Them by Christy English


Hot men in uniform have been providing eye candy for women for generations, but I hadn’t given the topic much thought until the leading man of my latest novel, Captain James “Jack” Montgomery, turned out to be a recently retired captain of the line.

 


Writing about James gave me a lot to think about. Of course, as my friend Kate Quinn (author of The Lion And The Rose) says, a man in uniform is always a glorious thing. Beautiful men in uniform are always a joy, but a lot beyond their looks helps make them beautiful.


A man in uniform has courage. He faces fire, friendly or otherwise, and stands his ground.

A man in uniform is faithful. Like the ever gorgeous Ciaran Hinds portraying Captain Wentworth in my favorite Jane Austen movie PERSUASION, he will sometimes wait ten years or more for his true love to come home to him.
 
 

I know I am romanticizing the heros that done the uniform. Honor, glory, honesty, faithfulness: these are ideals as much as they are realities. But men in uniform strive to fulfill these ideals, for themselves and for those they love. And that is something worth celebrating.
What is the favorite trait you look for in your heros, fictional and otherwise?
 
For more about Regency romance fun and hot men, visit My Blog

Comments

  1. Oh, I love this cover--and I love Ciaran Hinds in Persuasion. I always like a hero with a sense of humor. But the uniform doesn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love a sense of humor too, Shana :) And Ciaran Hinds always makes me sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Those are good reasons to love a hero, Cheryl :) I also love good abs, when I can get them ;)

      Delete
  4. A sense of DUTY. Duty before all. I know it is no longer a fashionable virtue but I think it is both important and a huge turn-on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that Sophie! A man of duty is a man of honor...nice

      Delete
  5. I love that they are self-disciplined and logical...and yes, I think a sense of humor is an absolute must (provided I understand their humor, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ELF...I agree, we need to be compatible humor-wise don't we :)

      Delete

Post a Comment