Skip to main content

The best things about losing 40 pounds

New Healthy Body...How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

1) I feel better. Even my arthritis has improved. Like seriously. I couldn't walk the beach for a while. That made me desperately sad. Now I can and I'm loving it! Not only that, but my shoes fit better! I must have lost weight in my feet. Now I can wear my Issac Mizrahi flats again!

2) Shopping! I cleaned out my closet and have to refill it with a whole new size. In fact, I'll be shopping with one of my best friends today. (If I don't comment back until tonight or tomorrow, that's why) Only problem: We might be competing for the same articles since we wear the same size now!

3) More energy. I get up feeling rested and ready for the day. Oh, and I don't snore anymore.

4) My "chipmunk cheeks" are gone! I used to hate having my picture taken. I'm not going to be modeling anytime soon, but I'm okay with a fan pic. I even had to have a new headshot taken!




5) I don't hate 'skinny chicks' anymore...unless they can eat all the want and never gain a pound. Then, I still hate them. LOL

6) The coup de gras happened Tuesday when I had my check up. I was taken off my blood pressure medicine! For the first time since my thirties or early forties my blood pressure is on the low normal side.

Now the hard part begins. Keeping it off. Summer is my favorite comfort food time. Cookouts with buns and potato salad? I vow to bring low carb wraps and a green salad to the table!
Ice cream. Oh, dear. What can I have instead? Well, there are some low fat, low or no sugar varieties now. Some 'old fashioned' ice cream stands even have more health conscious choices. Fro Yo or Sherbet are readily available.

What are your best tips for maintaining your weight?

Comments

  1. Summer has great fruits and veggies! I like to fill up on fresh greens. Also, I drink lots of water. Staying hydrated in summer is so important. Congratulations on the loss! I love the new pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherri! You're right. My taste buds have changed and I love that stuff now!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! I wish my husband would lose weight to get off blood pressure medicine but he won't give up the beer (or wings). You either have to exercise or eat less. I've opted for eating less since I hate exercise. I get up late and have a yogurt, drink black coffee and then have as much as I want for dinner and a glass of wine. It isn't the recommended way I know but it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way. Hate exercise, especially if it makes me sweat.

      Delete
  3. Congrats! I am terrible with faces so I probably wouldn't have known those were both you, lol, BUT I think your before picture is just as lovely so it just goes to show...we focus on things which come to bother us but aren't necessarily negative! Congrats on your weight loss, I am trying to convince myself that I CAN exercise...since I certainly am gaining weight as I age! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had been able to accomplish this earlier in life. Now my birthday suit needs to be ironed!

      Delete

Post a Comment