Skip to main content

Character inspirations: a hit or miss?

All authors have visions in their heads of the characters they write about. Personally, I thinks that's half the fun when it comes to plotting and writing a novel. With Pinterest being so popular for authors today, there's always a plethora of hot guys to pick from when you're looking for inspiration. So, today I thought I'd give you all a little insight as to who I would pick as the main characters in my books.

1. Collin

He's broody, big, and absolutely sexy as sin. He also plays intramural rugby, so of course I had to go the rugby route when I found Colly's inspiration.

May I present to you the gorgeousness that is Mr. Thom Evans. 


2. Addison 

Addison is adorably sexy, not to mention half Filipino. I (secretly) based her off my daughter (looks wise) but with 13 years added. She's a nanny, a preschool teacher too, and pretty much my most favorite heroine written to date..

May I present to you Ms. Shay Mitchell: 


3. Maxwell

He's a playboy, the guy you secretly hate to love, and pretty dang annoying at the same time. But he's also got a heart of gold and would do absolutely anything for the people he loves.

May  I present to you  Leandro Lima:


4. Gavin

He's got a darkness inside of him that can't be understood, but he's everything I adore when it comes to heroes. Quiet, shy, and an all around misunderstood man.

May I present to you Ben Dahlhaus


There you have it. My character inspirations for the guys of Reckless Hearts, along with my Addie. I adored writing this book, and can't wait to share it with you all on February 7th. Most of all, I'd love to see if my above character choices will happen to be hit or misses when it comes to how readers perceive them.





Three alpha men and a baby.
What could possibly go wrong?


From boot camp to the Iraqi desert, best friends Collin, Max, and Gavin have been through hell and back. But these rugged Marines might need help facing their biggest challenge: raising Collin's nine-month-old daughter, Chloe.

After the death of his girlfriend in an accident, Collin Montgomery has sworn off serious relationships. His buddies have his back-and convince him it's okay to cut loose sometimes. Enter the hottest, smartest girl he's ever met. But what he really needs is a nanny.

Addison Booker needs a job desperately-and fast. She shows up to interview for the nanny position only to find the sexy, cocky man she can't get out of her head. Collin knows hiring her is a bad idea-they disagree about almost everything-but Addison is so good with little Chloe. And there's no substitute for chemistry, right?




Twitter: https://twitter.com/HLVanFleet
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorheathervanfleet/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hvfwrites/

Comments

Post a Comment