Skip to main content

Time for a Respite?


The world seems particularly challenging these days, with a lot of arguing, on the Internet and elsewhere. I believe in lively and open debate. But now and then, I find I need a respite. So as Julie Andrews said in The Sound of Music, here are a few of my favorite things.

Happy kittens. I will never tire of these, my friends.


A frothy movie. Have you seen La La Land? Songs, dancing, a poignant love story.


Lemon tarts. Need I elaborate?


Good friends. They can make all the difference.

And of course, books. I’ve been re-reading some old favorites lately, which is always comforting. My own stories are designed as a getaway to Regency England, with a happy ending you can count on. I’m so glad readers are finding my most recent one, Lord Sebastian’s Secret, funny. Night Owl Reviews said it had “delightful twists and turns and that it left me with a gigantic smile on my face.” That’s what I’m talking about!
Remember to take care of yourselves.

Comments